You must keep your child home if your child…
- Is vomiting - Two or more times in 24 hours.
- Has a rash, lice, or nits - Body rash, especially with a fever or itching, lice, or nits.
- Has diarrhea - 3 or more watery stools in 24 hours.
- Has an eye infection - Thick mucus or pus draining from the eye.
- Has a sore throat - With fever or swollen glands.
- Is just not feeling very good - Unusually tired, pale, lack of appetite, confused or cranky.
- Has a fever - Temperature of 100F or more (taken under the arm) AND sore throat, rash, vomiting, diarrhea, earache, or just not feeling good.
Note: For the safety and health of all of our children, we recommend this sick policy that is followed by public preschools in California.